Christmas dinner

Saturday 29 December 2007

Hello People!

I know this update is long overdue, but nvm. Basically we had a dinner to 'celebrate' christmas but I just wanna boast about my turkey wtf lol!

Anyway, enough of the lame shit. Well well we had the christmas dinner. That's it. With Barry's brother and Joshua. And ugh.. we talked lots of crap till 12 midnight. err.. sounds boring.

I've learned a lot of stuff cooking the turkey. Actually, most of the work came from preparing the gravy. Anyways, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here you go, four thousand words!


The turkey broth made from gibblets(neck and internal organs T__T) and the juice from the cooked turkey
The Roux. It was supposed to be whitish and then turn dark and have the aroma of toasted bread or nut. I did not use pure butter, but some cheapskate Sainsbury stuff so this is the akibat. It took me twice the instruction's cooking time to get the aroma and change of texture. Maybe I stared at it too long that my mind started imagining things when actually it did not change at all. hahah!
Za Turrrkey! Big, Fat Juicy, with stuffing and lemon up it's ass. The bacon was used to cover the breasts.. supposed to keep it juicy wor..
Do you notice that there are two colours of the meat? The inner meat is yellowish.. dunno why

I ate the thigh the day after, and it was tougher than the breast meat T__T. The leftover turkey is still left downstairs, no one disposed of it. hahah I shall do it tmrw.

Fortunately, no one died or got food poisoning from the food (or else I won't be here blogging). Oh I tried to took a picture of all the dishes together (salad, mashed potatoes, yorkshire
pudding, cocktail sausages, bacon, and leek & potato soup) but it turned out so blurry I decided not to post here. We had guests, so I also pai seh wanna take so many photos like a maniac

Anyways, the day after that we had Barry's famous Sarawak laksa. Yummy yummy! So much good food.. I think that was my only meal of the day.. lol

Yesterday, Tad Song left for London. Now, there's only me and James.. the house is quieter than ever. Heck I haven't seen James for four days liow. WTF we both in the house never meet. So quiet.. sometimes feel a bit lonely lar, despite chatting with people on the net. No face to face interaction.. Lol.

Anyway, now Yein Shiang is back so I got some one to talk crap with.

The New Year is coming, but I haven't planned anything for that yet. Lazy lazy lazy. No one contact me also, so I also lazy wanna initiate. lor.

Ok, that's all this time.

Ja!

0 comments:

 
Jun Xue's blog - by Templates para novo blogger