Reading!

Monday 25 August 2008

Hello everyone! As most of you all know, I have just recently moved to Reading. More about that later. Right before I moved, me and James made a trip to have a look at Halifax Hall, where we stayed in the first year to see if there's any changes.

Well, with the exception of Jonas Court and the library, the rest of the buildings were demolished and new buildings were already constructed. I think in a month's time, new students will be able to move in there. Anyways, here are some photos I took:


I didn't remember this pond lol!


The new buildings

Sorby Hall was demolished as well... loads of new buildings going up

Right. I moved all my stuff to Reading with the hired service of a man with van.

All my stuff lined up waiting to get into the house lol!

Nice front door eh?
View from my house
Mah bed!

View from window

I've asked the landlord for a small desk and chair to put my comp and set up my speakers. Can't wait for that

I've got lots of drawers.. so much space there!
Mah house! Reminds me of those houses in Monopoly sets..

Besides that, i get to store stuff under my bed, and there's these two little doors which lead to right below the roof where I can store unused stuff (well it's quite dirty and untidy there.. so I am not too eager putting my stuff there.. though I think I'll probably leave my notes in there!)

Anyways, I quite like my room. It's bigger than I thought it was (clearly, viewing too many houses in a short period ain't a good idea). The area seems pretty safe as well. And, it's so new it isn't on most address database (which was quite worrying when I changed my bank billing addresses). Oh, there aren't many shops nearby ( I have to explore more.. perhaps there are), especially for takeaway and chinese grocery stuff.

What else, oh yea, I forgot to transport the TV from Sheffield, as well as my rice cooker's power cable T__T. Anyways, no rush for that as my housemate has a rice cooker and the house has a huge TV which is just perfect for gaming ^^.


Anyways, I'll post the part 3 of my europe trip tonight or tommorow morning. Toodles!

10 comments:

nylus said...

looks like.... a movie town...

Anonymous said...

Wah your room your house your taman all looks so nice!! No complain liao lah~~

Last time my Opal house also not in the address system. Took few months for it to get done. Very ma fan wanna apply what membership also cannot.

Jun Xue said...

hahaha.

I forgot to include a picure of the garden behind, but it's nothing much to speak of. Ohhh... but thankfully I see my housemates are receiving letters so it should be allright

plastic heart said...

Why did you move? Are you doing more school? or are you working?

plastic heart said...

Why did you move? Are you doing more school? or are you working?

Jun Xue said...

Oh I moved because I'll be starting work in two week's time.

Anonymous said...

wooot! nice view dude. hahaha... double bed,... hmmm.. i think i have place to slp d... Hahahahaha!

I want to go.. no money. NVM, lottery!! anyone got number to give?!


p/s: Hi Yee Huai!

Jun Xue said...

LOL apalah.. that other place is reserved for attractive females only.. I got bath tube though. LOL! hahaha just joking.
err try your birthday lar.. or my birthday.. or 1234. LOL. Actually, I don't even know how many numbers you're supposed to put T__T

Anonymous said...

Errr (Hi buttercup!) since two of you are talking about lottery, last week my neighbour kena 3D first price. RM100,000. Syok or not. LOL. The number is 700 or 701 i forgotz. Damn lucky wei.

Jun Xue said...

hahahha like that also can. I also wanna start buying d.

 
Jun Xue's blog - by Templates para novo blogger