Europe Trip Part 3

Wednesday 27 August 2008

Hello everyone! Part three... and nearing the end (finally!), although there's the York, Sheffield, London and and Chatsworth photos yet to be published here. I think I will only pick the best photographs just to show off my photography skills (or rather, the lack of) or else.. there'll be too many posts and I'm sure you would all be quite bored by then. Anyways, continuing from the previous part, we continued our journey across the Black Forest, names so after the darkness of the forest due to the pine trees growing so close to each other. Nonetheless, it is very beautiful!

Isn't it picturesque!? It's like straight out of the story books into real life. We had a stop in the black forest to visit a store selling cuckoo clock (they originate from this region) and have lunch. I remember it was the first truly fillng meal since the trip begun!

Fries! Sausage!

The Original Black Forest Cake. I don't really like it because there's a very strong alcohol smell. My mum loved it though.

After that, we continued our journey and arrived at Heidelberg. There's a quite a famous university here, though i didnt get a chance to have a look. (my dad had a few photos though). Instead, I went up to the err ruined castle overlooking the city.

The streets of Heidelberg
Halfway up the climb to the castle
The castle was really big. There's even space for this courtyard within the castle walls (maybe it wasn't there when the castle was still in use). It reminds me of Minas Tirith where the White Tree was planted ^^

Humoungous ruins. I think it was one of France's Kings who came and destroyed this fastness. I really wonder how they managed to do it, since it was so strategic and well built (in my humble opinion). Without cannons, it must have been inpenetrable, save by deceit. (or perhaps I read one too many fiction books)
Isn't it huge? Compare it to the size of the gentleman in blue shirt at the bottom of the picture.
A view of the city
We spent the night at the Ramada Micador hotel, and I really like the rooms there!
The next day, we took a river cruise along the Rhine. These are typical German houses along the river bank.

Enjoying a warm drink in the cold weather.
Couldn't get a good picture of the flag flying proudly. Anyways, by this part of the journey, the bad weather has caught up with us and there was little sunshine.

The view along the river wasn't that nice after all. Maybe it would be during autumn, when all the leaves turn to golden brown and red. In this picture, I tried to capture the movement of the boat and the train in the background. Seemed to fail T__T

Dark clouds chasing up to us
I look so weird here. Really, the bulky P80 is not very suitable for camwhoring at all. LOL.
A group picture of everyone from the tour

A beautiful fountain. Looks better enlarged, I think.

Onwards! We continued our journey to Amsterdam. Sadly, there are fewer and fewer old windmills to be found in the Netherlands. I think they're gradually being replaced by modern wind turbines. ( I saw many of those in Belgium) Fortunately, I managed to snap a photo of one on the way there.


Beautiful boat, isn't it?

Anyways, I shall leave my final leg of my journey for next time.

7 comments:

Wai Loon Kwan said...

my god, your pic never ends... yor, so nice la get to travel around. i must work hard d... lolz... gambatte kudasai!!

Jun Xue said...

HAHAHAH! Ya I think so too. That's why I was so damn lazy to start putting them up in the first place and delayed till now.

Yea very nice. Let's work hard!!!!

Anonymous said...

Why the food not filling before this? All too small portion? Ithought you eat very little only.
Dont blame the camera when your camwhoring failed k =.=

Jun Xue said...

hahahhaha you try and see lar with my camera. Er I think cuz small portions.. dunno.. maybe cuz i traveled a lot

Samuel said...

I wan europe!!.. u see la.. u la always post those nice europe pics..

make me naik gian...

haha..

my god... that is a really big sausage...

Jun Xue said...

hahahah still got one last part. Lolx come UK find me ar. lol. Yea damn big sausage

Samuel said...

yeah big.. but compare to mine.. i still win...

:D haha

sigh... if only Europe currency is just like Indon rupiah..

 
Jun Xue's blog - by Templates para novo blogger