Trip to London

Saturday 16 February 2008

Hello People! It's been a while since the last update. Anyways, this entry is mainly about my trip to London last Sunday, about a week ago^^

The last week has been extremely busy for me (even now, I am still deciding which module to take... hhmm). Anyways, moving on, a few of my friends decided (at the last minute) to go to London to see the parade and Chinese New Year celebration there. Usually, Sheffield is quite quiet around this time.. so, no festive..atmosphere.

We took the 1.45 a.m. bus and reached there at about 6.40. I spent half of the trip there feeling miserable, due to the bumpy ride and the cup of coffee I drank T__T.

Anyways, once we reached there, we traveled about London so as to make the most out of our time. Errr... I've updated many pictures, so I guess I shall just describe the pictures. Oh, I realised that.. tower bridge is aptly named.. cuz it's near the tower of London.. lol.. Now only I realised. No pictures of the Tower of London.. too dark, and..well.. nothing much from the outside.


Tower bridge! Finally! I've been there! After so long! The sun was just about to come up when we were there.
Look! It's me! Proof of me there! Not photoshop-ed! Darn.. this is so lame. Accidently updated this picture..
The egg building.
Sunrise!
Another view of the bridge
Picture taken with the dusk/dawn function...
We were so lucky to be there on time! What a beautiful sunrise! I can't remember the last time I've seen such a beautiful sunrise..
The sun in all it's glory... wow.. so darn nice man! Click on the picture to get a better view.. It's just like a painting!
Yea! Posing!
St. Patricks' cathedral..

Oh Yea! To Hogwarts my dear friends!
Some strange person walking around posing on the millenium bridge
woo nice view of the bridge supports
In this picture, I wanted to capture the sunlight on the branches. Failed.
I"ve finally been to the Museum of Natural History! Although I've spent only 10 minutes there(was rushing to see the parade...), it was a great experience! Finally.. my childhood dream... sobsob...


iguanodon!
Well, we all rushed back to meet up at Charing Cross station.. but.. no one made it there.. So in the end, only me and James were there. Yein Shiang was somewhere nearby buy she couldn't find us. Yvonne missed her bus, missing the next connecting train. Tad Song was late. Claire's train was delayed, missing her next connecting train. Edwin wasn't there yet. Sigh.
Anyways, the parade and performances were all dissapointing. Wasted go all the way there.

In Trafalgar square.
Lion dance
FOOD!
In the end, we all had the oh-so-famous Braised duck for dinner. Somehow, it wasn't as good as my first experience. Maybe I was too tired and hungry to fully savour the dish.. but..... just not Geng enuff, considering it's fame.
We got home at 12. Anyway's that's it for the London trip. I'll write the rest of the stuff in a new entry. Ja ne!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow~ these are the best of what you've taken so far, i think! Not bad at all!!! and the sunrise, and the dusk/dawn thingy dunno wat, damn nice!

great improvement dude! have got competitors now.... dangerous! muahaha!

Anonymous said...

Hhahahah! The thruth is, the real sunrise is beautiful. So beautiful that no matter how you take a picture of it, it still turns out good.

HAhhaha if only you were there.. wahhh I am sure you'ld be impressed too!

nylus said...

aiya... if u took pic num 8 with pic num 6 settings then will be even more syok!

 
Jun Xue's blog - by Templates para novo blogger