Malaysia Trip Part 5

Sunday 1 March 2009

Hello people!

Well, back again with more pictures. The CNY eve. Unfortunately, i forgot to take any pictures of the cooking process so, I'm gonna jump straight to the reunion dinner. Oh, before that, er I cooked some wuxi pork ribs with my mum, and she cooked er pork intestine soup for the dinner. Unfortunately, my dish didn't turn out well because well.. we bought the wrong kind of meat. LOL it's supposed to be pork ribs with very little meat but the ones we used have.. well loads of meat. As a result, the smell of the meat was too strong and we well, screw up the recipe and it didn't turn out nice at all =(
My first attempt to cook for many ppl = fail. lol

Anyways, picture pictures. We had the dinner at my uncle's place this year, at his new house in Bukit Tinggi. So, here are the pictures, too lazy to type more at the moment haha:

Flowers!
People!
My cousin!
FOOOD! Yeap, we had "Lou Sang" hahahha
Sooo much food! There's about 12 dishes at least, that night. More than the number of ppl present. HAHAHAHA
Whoaa tak sabar sabar
Moar ppl
Abalone! Whoa... so yummy
Group picture! Except for my uncle (actualyl his main purpose was to take a picture of the curtains lol)

And the dinner was fantastic. Especially the deep fried prawns! Roxxor! After that we had a little chat with my uncle, drinking green tea and enjoying the cool breeze outside. hahah it was quite an experience. And oh, we had a little karaoke session after that lol. My uncle bought a small karaoke machine. Which reminds me, I forgot to blog about the day before that.. when I went out with my friends lol. Nothing very interesting, except karaoke-ing at Wai Loon's place (he also got a karaoke machine wth) for more than 6 hours LOL

Anyways, moving on. At night, i went to my grandpa's place, which is what we do every CNY. Wahhh so many relatives there! hahah it was so fun just listening to everyone talking.. so meriah! hahah and I couldnt' recognise Darel! Natalie (my cousins) changed quite a lot as well.. hahah! Strangely, many of my relatives said i've changed too O.o

Anyways, gotta post this quickly and get on with my work. So, more pictures: my grandparents praying to the Gods (well actually they say "pai thi kong" which means pray to the sky, which sounds weird but damn cool at the same time):

I felt that this year the celebrations are very much subdued. Less fireworks, much less compared to 3 years ago. I managed to take a few pictures of it, but they aren't that impressive at all. Also, there's no more err... "pian pao" Those long red... well fire crackers (well my brother and I lit 2 wahhaha) anymore. Sadness man. WHAT HAPPEND PEOPLE!? aihh sadness.
Fireworks
Damn tiang lampu
Strangely, except for Shaun (or is it Sean? haha) all my other cousins are no longer keen on playing firecrackers. (well me and my brother are the exceptions haha) Well, perhaps they are now bored of it (admittedly we always use the same few fireworks) but it's quite sad that they are no longer eager to play =(. Even my uncle likes fireworks/firecrackers more than them T__T. Damn sad. Kids these days.. rather play game in the room. Aih.

Anyways, after that I followed my dad to the temple to take some pictures and just well, absorb the atmosphere/feeling (er dunno how to put it in words... too lazy to think) of CNY, since i've not properly celebrated it for 3 years wahahha



There were quite a lot of people there, and then we went to another relatively new temple (well actually it's quite old, but it was renovated recently)
Whoaa more people here.. now that's what i call chinese new year! hahah everyone's out in numbers at midnight to offfer their prayers. Wahh so nice.. i've never experienced this for a loonnngg time liow. Actually, never been to this temple also lol


Whoa damn lots of ppl right! There's also like at least 30 beggars outside the temple begging O.o. Well, I think the reason is because on that night ppl would be kinder and probably give them some money in hopes of doing something good (well actually some might to get something good in return... err obtain favour with the Gods? I guess some do it because well.. new year mar.. do something good lor... hmmm)

Anyways:
Moar ppl!
Lanterns!
Sooo many joystick that the temple;s er... people have to take it away once every 15 minutes

Burning dead people's money (lol it sounds so strange after translation)
LOL technological advancement! gengz chowz




Too many pictures, I'm too lazy to elaborate anymore. Anyways, it was a refreshing experience. Ok, that's it for today. Hope you enjoyed the pictures and leave some comments hahaha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll be the first to comment! ngek ngek ngek...

i love you uncle's dinner!!! wa lao eh.... like soo....... tradisional...

and babi! so damn big abalone! hahahhahahah!

Anonymous said...

huhuhu.......Nice food....slurp!

Strangely, I have NEVER seen kong kong's Pai Tee Kong in all the years, seeing as I only make it back to Klang on 2nd day =) SO thanks for sharing the pics.

Wish I was there to play fireworks with u and HX. Kids these days...haii...

Jun Xue said...

Loon: Hhahaha Yea.. feels very tradisional and proper, which makes it damn nice! At least the atmosphere is differnt from a normal dinner. ^^ Hahahh yea damn big hahah

Jasmine: hahah yea lots of nice food! Ohhh yea hor... you guys always come on the 2nd day. hehe no problem at all^^
Yea lor yea lor! Aih, hide in room play computer games.

 
Jun Xue's blog - by Templates para novo blogger