London trip and more

Monday 10 November 2008

The reason I post this up is mainly because I was waiting for the washing machine door to unlock itself. A piece of... err.. string/rope got stuck betwee the door and consequently water leaked out. Fortunately, my housemate switched it off for me.

Anyways, moving on. Halloween! is past. I didn't really do much then... Nonetheless, I snapped this picture:
Cute right? I wonder what's the significance.

Also, it snowed! In October! And in Reading! That was really unexpected. The last time it snowed in October in London (area) was more than fifty years ago! The weather is indeed unpredictable. Perhaps I should say mother nature.

Snow!
I expected it to snow maybe only once in March since it's warmer in the South of UK.

Anyways, moving on, I went to London last Saturday to collect my flight tickets; which brings me to another topic: I've confirmed my plans to go back to Malaysia for Chinese New Year! So, anyone who wants to meet up with me please drop me a message so that I can try to arrange something. My schedule seems to be pretty packed since I will only be back for a short period of time.

Ok, where was I, London! On that day, there's also this London Mayor's parade (thanks Yvonne for finding this out!). No idea what it's about, but that doesn't matter anyways lol! There's supposed to be the biggest fireworks display of the year (well, after the New Year's fireworks display) so I thought it would be a great chance to try out my photography skills.

Anyways, here are some photos of the parade:

Guess who I met there:
Santa Clauses! Standing miserably in the drizzle munching cold sandwiches, they are quite a sight to behold.

I also bumped into........









Superman! A timely snap captured him in action before he flew off.

Yvonne with some Roman soldiers

Me and 2 ladies from the..er... late 19th century?
The Mayor's carriage
That's the ... royal.. something... court. Looked like a cathedral to me
Yeah ex-housemates FTW!
Our photogenic Yvonne is quite in love with my camera =D
err.... nvm. lol
Right.. from this point onwards the photographs are kinda messed up and I'm too lazy to susun them. Basically, after i took those photos, it started raining very heavily; probably the heaviest rain in the year. I was bloody soaked wet. We finally met up with Michelle and the others... okok Yong Kah, Chee Yong, Yong Boon (forgive me if I spelt your names wrongly) and Eng Ee for steamboat! (well not before Yvonne bought her REAL LEATHER boots) lol!

We took our own sweet time savouring the food untill we missed the fireworks =(. (I think we ate for about 2 hours or so) It was expensive but it was kind of our lunch and dinner so it wasn't that bad. It was also the first time I had lobsters! Wahhh damn sweet man the meat!

This photograph is kind of out of place. View from my window
Group photo before we all went home. Michelle seemed displeased in this picture.. I wonder why lol
LOBSTERSSSSSSSS!
Michelle busy snapping away

And after that, we went Karaoke! After so long, i finally had the chance to sing my heart out (some alcochol helped me do that). The placed looked really dodgy from outside though.... it's like some underground gambling den T___T but it's allright inside. Ahhh I gotta train my vocals!

All told, I didn't had any chance to really try out my photography skills. I did some experimenting but nothing fantastic came out of it. Nevermind, there's always next time. Oh, it's about time I restart the washing machine and go to bed. I can afford to sleep late tonight because I'm attending the internal training course tomorrow which starts only at 9.



I shall end this post with the strange, out-of-place picture of Robin trapped in a telephone booth to escape the rain.




Smile!

15 comments:

nylus said...

eh.. i thought the white ghost thingy hung on the tree is a japanese thing? forgot what they called it already... they hang it in hope that it will not rain...

Jun Xue said...

hahaah that was what I thought as well!

Anonymous said...

yup yup, those are the spirits to help to stop the rain. but it rain at the end also... haha

the last pic was, haha..

and wooooo....... the steambot, so big plate ar!?!?! song la...

hm, jx, you cut your hair... hahaha

Jun Xue said...

gahhahahaha I dunno man.

lol why your laughter "haha...."

Yea yea.. lots of us eating mar.

Yes I did, and I will post my camwhore photos to destroy your appetite. HAHAHHAHA

Anonymous said...

You went to London so often! Like its ur neighbourhood

And I got to tell you, I attended 2008 New Year fireworks and it was like... so-so only. which lasts for about 12mins. I should say bonfire night has better and longer fireworks, just that its not on London Eye. Well but the fireworks your mentioned might really be London's 2nd biggest firewords in the year? Since bonfire night is a Yorkshire thing.
But u missed it anyway. swt..

Crab is better than lobster!! Or maybe the lobsters i tried not as good as urs? Hmmm

Your hair so short lah LOL. Jun Xue looks better in longer hair, anyone agree????

ButTeRcUp said...

gahhh!!! outing with gals never invite!!!! T_T

and the pic you shot from your window, it can be much nicer. you can do upclose with the water droplets, or, shooting from a certain angle.

wait for an orange sky and it might be as nice!

Jun Xue said...

Yee Huai: hahah it is in my neighbourhood area-ish.. hahahah!

Issit? hahah then I didn't miss anything. No lar, Bonfire is the whole UK ar.. Guy Fawkes tried to bomb the Parliament, which is in London

LOL maybe. I don't know. It's my first time eating lobster!!!!!

HAHAH I agree! But I am trying a new hairstyle (kinda) now... looks ok wor. haha

Buttercup: LOL I wanted to but I know you won't come. HAHAHA
Well I wanted the dark shadow enveloping the window, but you're right, a better angle would make it more artistic. LOL the sky doesn't wait for the photographer my friend!

zoeydee said...

i was not displeased!

maybe slightly tipsy ;)

haha!

Jun Xue said...

LOL my apologies.

Yeah, i was slightly tipsy as well. Let's go karaoke again someday!

Anonymous said...

camwhoring picture? ahhahahaha! yaya post post... i recently need to diet... lolz....

i want to go ktv also! =D

Jun Xue said...

Ghahahah ok next post then.

Hmmm I also want!!!!

Fishy said...

You forgot to mention my REAL LEATHER jacket!! Haahaa!

Leather all the way!!!!!!

I'm so happy this post so many photos of me but my face like so cacat in a few of them (maybe I do really look lke that) and one of them looks like Garfield haahaahaa.

I love tipsy karaoke-ing!! It makes it so much more fun!

Jun Xue said...

HAHAHAH yea your REAL LEATHER jacket.

LOL i shall try to take better photos of you next time.... hahahah garfield

Yea yea (well I like karaoke, but i'm not sure if being tipsy helps make it more fun) let's do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samuel said...

so.. this Halloween you go as JunXue the Stickman eh... :D

kidding dude...

yala go out with gals din AJAK

Jun Xue said...

eh forgot to reply here.. hahah how to ajak? you can come meh?? lol

 
Jun Xue's blog - by Templates para novo blogger