Adventures of Jun Xue

Tuesday 29 April 2008

Hello people! I'm at the last leg of the race now.. one more week to go.. Sighness.. I'll just pray for the best. Anyways, here are some pictures:



Thai Sweet Chilli crisps (since 1879)
1879 is just bullshit.. that colour makes me think of old pictures/olden times
Playing with that.. colour thing.. ugh.
Tarte au chocolat. Yum yum! Courtesy of Yee Huai my food donor.
The rest of the pictures are somewhat.. disgusting.. you have been warned!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Oh? What's that? hmm white and green tic tacs? NO!

Coloured rice with decoration? Again, NO!

That, ladies and gentlemen, is some uber mouldy rice. It's been left there for a month maybe. OMGGGGGGGGGG.

Yes, my housemates have done lots of study on biology, specifically, moulds and other whatnots that grows on leftover food. We've experimented with cucumber left so long it the fridge that it turned liquid and the various colours (and smell) of rotten cabage to name a few.

But THIS, is a first time. The rice was still in the rice cooker. Only two spoonful of rice left. The actual culprit has not yet been identified, but I suspect myself. Firstly, other ppl have their own rice cooker, and don't borrow Tad Songs. And i've left a bit of rice in the rice cooker before. BUT, before you shake your head in disgust, let me first explain.

I can't remember if I was the one, but I remember there was once I might have used Tad Song's rice cooker to cook for him, Yein Shiang and myself. I left the washing up to others I think. So, maybe the rice was from back then, cuz after that I used Mark's rice cooker. I never touched Tad Song's rice cooker anymore, and I thought the rice was his.. untill THE GREAT DISCOVERY!!!!

Anyways, feeling a bit guilty cuz I might be done responsible, I got rid of the mould and rice and soaked the rice cooker in hot water. Gonna wash it tmrw. Seriously, when I took the picture of this.... thing, I inhaled some spores and felt unwelll for a few hours... it's uber strong. When I cleaned it, I think some of the rice literally exploded into a cloud of spores when it was crushed. EWWWWWW but cool.

Anyways, here ends the story. hahahahah hope you enjoyed it, and spoiled your appetite as well. Till next time!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

first of all, the chocolate cake/ice-cream pic rite, to get a better focus u can use the macro function on your phone. But remember to turn it off after not using. Macro function is used for taking closed-up objects. and the one with the cupboard is not bad.

secondly, OMFG!?!?! molded rice! I guessed so at the first pic! *faint* It must have been there for at least 4 days and above!

and FYI, those molds rite, if you accidentally inhaled in a small amount(which is actually VERY SMALL AMOUNT) then it's find. But you saying it exploded and so on... it's not a good thing dude.

if you realised you have chest pain, or feverish, you'd better consult the doc dude. Although I'm not a very good bio student who studied microbiology, but you'd be careful doing all those stuffs.

And i believe, you might wanna get some lab ethanol (70~95% concentration) to spray on the cooker. some heat just don't kill the molds.



p/s: My mom always warn me when I study biology, not to be like my dad. Now I know why. You cna't just blame us! We read and study about it!!!

Anonymous said...

Haiz....see what happens when I am not staying with you guys anymore. And you guys said I was fussy....tell me, does james still burn his porridges or noodles?

Joanne said...

that is beyond the word disgusting.
but i am proud of the fact that u were brave enough to clean it cuz!

hope amah doesnt see it. she will scream!!!

Jun Xue said...

Buttercup:
Yea yea I know, but I wanted to take the picture exactly like that: zoom further away. Is it weird?? LOL! The one with cupboard i was just playing with the Sepia function.. ahhaha yea yea quite nice ^^

The mouldy rice.. haha yea yea I know.. I didn't inhale any when i was washing it...now no problem so far. o.O need ethanol kar.. lol now I no time.... let it wash with soap first. Lol aiya I also like that wan lar.

Mark:
No ar we are so happy now. Hhahahahah! No he stopped burning stuff d... see.. it's called positive reinforcement... hahaha.. maybe cuz he cook less nowadays? I dunno.

Joanne:
Hhahah yea uber disgusting.. it looks worse in real life lor. Hahhah yea.. so.. shhhhh... hahahahah

Samuel said...

you know.. when I said that those food pic you posted before this is making me fat and hungry everytime... that does not mean that you can post some mouldy rice picture :D

haha...yuck... i wonder got any of those rice grow legs and can start walking d bo...

Wai Loon Kwan said...

hahahaahaha! it would be very funny if they grow legs... wow, chocolates! so nice............... T,T

Jun Xue said...

Samuel:
HAHAHHAHA! LOL I was just finding something to spice my blog up..cuz always FYP FYP... ahhah
LOL not grow legs lar... i think they matured d and so can fly around in the air d...

Wai Loon:
hahhahaha! yea yea chocolat des!!! I got quite a lot of chocolate in my room.. but (looks around) seems like all finished yesterday T__T

 
Jun Xue's blog - by Templates para novo blogger