Jun Xue

Saturday 20 September 2008

Today, it feels like it's summer again. Warm, or perhaps, hot, weather and a clear blue sky. Such things are so rare in the UK. The sun is so glaring that I'm actually thinking of getting sunglasses.

So far, work is not too bad. Although I still spend quite a lot of time reading stuff which barely enter my mind, I'm starting to get more responsibilty gradually and that's pretty exciting. Well, at least for now, whilst the stressful period has yet to come.

I plan to roast lamb shoulder for tonight's dinner, because I want to finish off my mint sauce ere it goes bad, like my blackcurrant jam. I must slowly finish off my stock of food... there's really too much.

As for the art exhibition taking place in London this evening, I have decided not to attend it mainly due to laziness in my part, as well as the lack of late trains back to Reading. They really should improve the transportation system... a train at 3 am would be fantastic.

Oh, I recieved the mooncakes from Yee Huai! I have yet to open the parcel, but I shall, maybe tonight, and I will post pictures of it here. So, no pictures for now ^^

9 comments:

Wai Loon Kwan said...

wah... so nice.. you got give anyone mooncake?

Jun Xue said...

LOL! I can't find any mooncake here. Perhaps there are some in London.. but I doubt there's any here. So no, I didn't give anyone mooncake. Lol!

Wai Loon Kwan said...

haha.... eventhough i can see mooncake everywhere here but i din give anyone before also.. hahah.. i can mail you wan or not ah the mooncake? how how?

Jun Xue said...

hahaha I never gave anyone mooncake before as well. Yes you can (*rubbing palms with glee) You just post it here. Bring it to the post office. LOL! Or so it seems.. but it costs about RM30 to mail 2 mooncakes. Lol

Hanxue said...

Reminds me of how I miss the train in Sheffield, and had to rush early on Monday morning to Warwick. Still ended up 2 hours late to work.

Speak about mooncakes, better chance to get them in Melbourne. I forked out AUD2, which was a fortune to me, to get the cheapest, plain readbean mooncake.

Was fantastic to share it with friends under the moonlight beside the Monash lake ;)

Jun Xue said...

Ohhhh yeah, I still remember that! LOL!

Whoa.. to get a mooncake for AUD2 is... so.. fortunate! It'll probably cost about 5 pounds here I guess. Whoa that sounds nice.. sharing mooncake with friends.

Hmm I shall do that tommorow... (*sniff... maybe I should hide in my room and finish it all by myself)

Speaking of "exotic" food, I found durians in the chinese grocery store! It came with the warning " the quality of the product is not our responsibility" though =(

nylus said...

durians in london! *gasp*
u want more mooncakes ah... i have 8 more biji... which is way too much for the lee household =.="""

Jun Xue said...

Well, even more suprisingly, I found it in Reading!!!!

Whoa 8 biji.. so ham fuk @@

FYI, my household is also the Lee household T___T

nylus said...

oh.. yea.. haha.. T____T

 
Jun Xue's blog - by Templates para novo blogger