Malaysia journey Part 2

Monday 9 February 2009

Hello people!

My second post! Right, the very next day, we tried out the famous two sister's cha kuey teow... hmm wasn't as good as I thought it would be. To be honeset, I feel like so so only.

Whoaaa got crab meat on top summore
Woops.. more pictures of the cat... sleepy face =_=
I wanna sleep
zzzzzzz...

Actually he does that because he feels very hot with it's thick coat of fur... it's high time for a trim. It also enjoy's peeing on my aunt's sofa T__T
Pasar! There's a famous Kuey Teow soup stall here aparrently.. but we were all too full to try it out
Bargaining.. funny enough, right now, I'm cooking some curry downstairs using the curry packets I bought here T___T
Pamelo!
Cute little fruit... looks like the bottle ppl use to carry wine in the olden days
Queing up for soya milk ^^

After some wandering about, we went to try the... guhh pancake like thingy (no idea what it's called in English)

Cool shop number eh?
See! Cooked using charcoal!

Due to a misunderstanding (mainly my fault lar.. I didn't order properly lol)
we got more of those pancakes than we wanted... a lot more T__T

So we ate...
And ate.....
AND ATE T____T

LOL already awfully stuffed, we went to try the special rojak (the special-ness lies in the sauce.. it's very special!) but we couldnt find the guy selling it (Long ago, my dad asked him how to recognise his stall and he replied "Just find the guy who don't wear sandals lar!" (he really didn't wear sandals the last time i ate at his stall T__T) Thus his stall is known as the guy-who-don't-wear-sandals rojak to us now T__T)
Sigh I think the joke is kinda lost after so much explanation and translation.

Anyways, since we were already there, we tried yet another supposedly famous stall there.. for it's Prawn Noodles! The last time I tried it it was great! From my experience, there are 3-4 stalls selling very delicious Prawn Noodles in penang... but it's kinda hard to explain where. Anyways, this time it turned out to be dissapointing. Sigh. Even the person selling it is different... sadness.


Prawn noodles

Next, we walked around a bit to buy some stuff (wah damn hot man that day) and of course, to get my father's all time favorite, cendol lol
My dad still remembered when he came to Penang and watched a movie here O.o
Tree and house in one
Cendol! I didn't try any though.. wasn't in the mood for it.. and i already had some in Klang on my first day ^^
We then went to the beach for a short stroll to help digest the food o.O I bet you can now see the reccurent theme... eat, walk a bit to digest food, eat, walk a bit to digest food, eat...... LOL! Very unthealty T__T but what the hell I so long didn't go back d....


Posing

Nice background right?
Getting lectures even on holiday.. HAHAhHAHA

In the end we didn't walk that much.. too full and then came the next bit.. oh yea.. you guessed it.

MORE FOOD
we bought some.. snakcs..err what you call it. the Deep fried Yam with meat inside.. lol Wu Kok!
And the.. round thingie with sweet red bean in it... forgot name lol

I got off the car and snapped this photo on the way to moar food
This is the best chi chiung fan I've ever tasted.. damn smooth! And, it's not limp! Gengz.
My mum ordered Oh Chien.. but wasn't nice T__T The green drink is... something weird name.. sourish sweet and damn nice man! hahah Oh, it's called Ampalah...something like that lar hahaha


The aftermath. Notice the hands holding the head. My aunt suffered alot also on this trip. Too much food hahahahahha!

Ok, next update whenever I'm free ^^

8 comments:

CandyC said...

round thingie with sweet red bean in it= ham chu peng! :p why were u holding a book in picture no6?

Jun Xue said...

LOL not ham chu peng ar... it's round round wan... wait.. maybe not red bean... darn gotta ask my dad lol.

Oh it's my aunt's guide to good food in Malaysia haha

nylus said...

woh.. that's one pampered cat XD

pomelo la... wat pamelo...

woh... that's alot of appam balik man..

the green drink... i think its called umbra...

how come like... all the food.. not nice wan T___T

Esther said...

sweet and sour pamelos are the best! i'm eating them now actually. lol.

the wine bottle like fruit.. they're called 'wu lou'. in english is gourd fruit.

i don't think apam balik has specific english name. hahaha. malay sweet pancake :/

wth. damn a lot of food rite. like non-stop only. lol

Wai Loon Kwan said...

wow! foodrathon! food-marathon!

Jun Xue said...

Nylus: yea damn pampereed! but sometimes kenna bully by my aunt also lol

POMELO! issit?

Appam Balik!

WTH Umbra.. i thought that's the phase of the moon?

Dunno leh.. no longer that gengz chaoz.. but the chi chiong fan damn good. THe Prawn noodles i tried in the first dinner in Penang was good too


Esther:
I like sweet only lol.
Wu Lou! Learning new words everyday... gourd fruit! Gengz.. gota try it one day

LOL malay sweet pancake

Yea yea eat nonstop man!


Wai Loon: Hahahha yea man.. diuz.. all the time I feel full when I was in Penang.. well on the journey there and back as well hahaha

nylus said...

POMELO! go wiki it...

the umbra thingy... i oso dunno man.. here's link from wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambarella

in malay its kedondong... in cantonese the drink goes something like 'kat chai suet mui' or something that sounds like that... lol...

i really need to find a job soon... otherwise my comments here is going to get longer and longer and ends up as a post itself... bah~~

Jun Xue said...

lol so ampalak is probably a mispronunciation of ambarella.. sounds like umbrella, ella, ella, eh eh .... LOL

POMELO! Yes Ma'am!

LOL yea man... ganbate.. and good luck finding a job!

 
Jun Xue's blog - by Templates para novo blogger