Happy New Year!

Wednesday 31 December 2008

Roughly this time last year, I was frantically trying to finish my new year resolution post because many other bloggers are doing the same. It seems that sadly, this year I am probably the only one. Seems like we are pretty much influence by the behaviour of the people around us, I myself am not very motivated to write all these. Nevertheless, i find that it's a good thing, to set your goals and to reflect upon what you have achieved in a year.

First of all, the most obvious thing in 2008, I turned 21! It's such a magical number, some see it as stepping into adulthood, to me, it's also one of my favorite number! The way I see it, it's the changing point (pardon my lack of eloquence, somehow I just can't think of the words I wanted to use) of my life; moving from on phase to another. Looking back a few weeks ago, I realised that I have achieved all that I set out to do last year, helped by the somewhat easy to achieve targets I set. Nevertheless, it was what I really wanted to do and that's good enough for me. Here's the list of some of the major stuff I achieved:

1) Turn 21
2) Graduate with First Class!
3) Got a good job!
4) Traveled around Europe!
5) Finished FF VIII


Other minor stuff
i) Stayed in the UK the whole year!
ii) Experienced Summer in UK!
iii) Parted with so many friends from Sheffield
iv) Gaming "therapy" in Sheffield during Christmas
v) Bummed around for a month or so !
vi) Live in Reading lol
vii) Reached end of disc 2 of FF VII!
viii) Realise that I am not sociable and confident enough
ix) Live a more balanced life, exercise and dietary wise
x) Experienced being a Publicity officer

There are of course, some negative stuff as well:
i) Failed to prevent my friend from trying to do something foolish



Already I'm starting to feel old at 21, not having achieved anything remarkable. Nonetheless, time passed by. Thus, i shall make new goals/resolutions for the new year! What I did not achieve I shall put myself to it!

Hence, I proudly present to you my 2009 New Year Resolutions!

1) Live life to the fullest! (Which includes trying my best to achieve all the other resolutions and not wasting time feeling down and being lazy)

2) Be more sociable and confident!

3) Perform exceedingly well in my job

3) Don't be too materialistic

4) Get 8 packs and a well defined muscular body

5) Finish FF VII

Last but not least,

5) Experience true love! Walalal!
Get Laid.
Master singing skills.
Defeat someone in a real fight with martial arts


Treasure friends and family more =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hapy 2009 dude!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I begin your blog via Google while searching in redress recompense real sake since a marrow storm and your register looks damned intriguing on me

 
Jun Xue's blog - by Templates para novo blogger